Saturday, February 7, 2009

Master Groove Hot List - Week 2

There is a constant sound track to my life playing in my head. Sometimes it's very loud and prominent when I'm feeling feisty (Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence), other times it subtly offers background atmosphere (Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley) or really rocks my world when I'm profoundly epiphanizing (Just Like Heaven - The Cure).

But lately there has been a magnetic, beautiful free spirited girl that is really defining who I am as a listener and inspiring the artist in me like no other. It's Sia Furler. This crazy, tell-it-like-it-is Australian gal whose heartbreakingly poignant voice haunts me. I'd be way remiss to not only include her on my Master Groove Hot List but to sprinkle her in many times.

I'll start off with a song that has inspired a pivotal scene in the graphic novel I'm writing. Sia embodies freedom and living life to the fullest without regret. And it shines through in her music.

I've chosen Day Too Soon as Sia's 1st entry onto this list. But know that any song of hers would be a super choice. Yes, she's that good. Please enjoy my week 2 entry onto the Master Groove Hot List:
Click for Day Too Soon. (Sorry embedding disabled)

0 comments: