Saturday, February 14, 2009

Master Groove Hit List - Week 3

I've been painting little figurines all day, and I do mean all day, for my Mom to give to her sisters at their monthly luncheon and I'm exhausted. So please forgive my pithy post!

I've had this next entry into the Master Groove list on my mind here lately and I think my favorite song by him is more than worthy of making the list.

Michael BublĂ© did a remake of Feeling Good, a song written by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse for the 1965 musical The Roar of the Greasepaint—the Smell of the Crowd (thanks, Wikipedia). Although a few have attempted this wonderfully soulful song, I don't believe any before Buble has put the umph into it like Michael did. I kid you not, when I hear the first few cords of Michael's Feeling Good, my heart speeds up in anticipation of the amazing lyrical, vocal and melodical ride I'm about to go on.
So here's to that categorically cool (and cute, too!) Canadian crooner, Michael Bublé!
(FYI the official video has been removed from youtube because of alleged copywrite infringement. That's too bad because it's a really amazing video. Alas, here's a live version which is, of course, incredible too. But to hear the recorded version, please check out the Master Groove Hit List in the right side navigation of this page.)


0 comments: